Monday, February 25, 2013

Snow, Illness and Injury.

It has been a while since our last post due to illness, injury and weather.  As things go in Nebraska, this is not unusual.  The amount of snow we have been getting is definitely unique to the past few years.  Living in Nebraska my whole life, I have not seen snow like this in many years.  It brought back memories of being a small child waking up to 2 feet of snow and building igloos and snow forts.  Although the snow causes problems and travel difficulties, it can be pleasant and enjoyable for children.  Now that I am older, I can't say with such fervor that I enjoy this wet, thick, slick substance as much as I used to.

As for the illness and injury, it seems that everywhere I look, someone is down and out with fever, sore throat, nausea or stomach illness.  If they are not ill, they are getting injured.  It has been quite a month for our students and staff, and I am hoping our 4 day weekend will lead to better health for all.

As for our local sports teams, they have all been very active.  If you have a chance to check out your campus email account, look for the sports updates from Kellen Fernetti.  He has been doing a wonderful job with pre-game write-ups and post-game follow-up.

Tina Walker
Webzine Advisor

No comments:

Post a Comment